Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Tagen turning 7?!







Dear Tagen,

In just 5 days, you are going to turn seven. It's the oldest question in the world, but WHA?! When did I blink & suddenly you're a man? Please. Slow down a bit for your poor mother. Perhaps I should put a brick on your head.

But. There are most definitely many benefits of you getting older! One is that I'm always safe. Because you are super strong. You frequently remind me of this fact by showing me your bulging muscles and ninja moves. Aveda is the luckiest to have you as an older brother.

Another amazing part of you getting older is that we get to know more and more of the workings of Tagee's mind. You are getting more & more creative in your humor and you keep us laughing constantly. We can see that you love to make people laugh. It's definitely a gift God gave you early on. Whenever Aveda is sad or hurt you think of the craziest things, even if it means inflicting pain on yourself, to make her giggle. Just this morning you thought out loud "what if i could have a wind gun and blow things from here to there. We'd see chickens flying so far! or what if i could make a tickle gun and shoot tickles out of it - everyone would be laughing…"

You tell me that when you grow up you are going to be a police man. You are very concerned with justice, for yourself & for other people. I have never met a lil guy so empathetic. I can see this in the way you take note of how others feel and how, of your own initiative, you try to help. I greatly admire you in this. I can also see this in the way you like it best when everyone sticks to the rules and you panic a lil' when somebody doesn't. In this, I gotta say, lighten up my love. You are a tad dramatic (understatement). You get very upset when you feel that YOU are being unfairly treated. But you are also selfless. If Aveda feels SHE is being treated unfairly, you often share what you have to make her feel better.

Bonus again of getting older - your mind is coming up with more and more complex ways of putting together your legos. You are like a lego-king; something of a phenomenon. You love your legos and at your request are having a Lego birthday party with some of your buddies from school this year. Being a huge fan of legos myself, I am ecstatic about this idea. Perhaps you'll end up being an engineer or an architect or something. Your skills really are insane in this area.

My dear son, I know there is something very special about you. People feel it They're drawn to you. I feel it too, & it makes me a little protective of you. But then I remember how God gave us you as a gift. One to train to love Him above all the world has to offer and eventually to shoot you off like an arrow into this world we live in. I love you with a wild, ridiculous love, son. Happy 7th Birthday!

love, mama

preschool:

kindergarden:

1st grade!!

No comments: